Everything is way funnier/awesomer when filmed in slo-mo, it’s just one of the immutable laws of nature. If you don’t believe me, here’s just a small sampling of things that aren’t really that interesting in normal speed, but hilarious once the slow starts to mo.
1. Filmed at normal speed, this would just be a frog jumping out of the water and failing to claim his dinner. But what truly makes it shine is the dejected look on his face as it falls back down to the water below is ever so strikingly captured in the slow-motion.
2. Here we have the classic image of a man getting nailed in the face with a water balloon. Like unto the Looney Toons of yore, so to does the balloon contour exactly to his face, and he only feels the impact that crucial, hysterical moment later.
3. Alan Rickman. Flipping a table. you really can’t beat that. Oh wait, you can. Here’s the video this GIF was cut from. I promise you, it’s the best thing you’ll see all day.
4. Who knew your lips were so animated when blowing air through them? They’re just so…. hypnotic….
5. It wouldn’t be a list on the internet if there wasn’t a cat doing something silly. Here’s one shaking an imaginary Polaroid.
6. Why sure I’ll include another cat being silly, what kind of person would I be if I didn’t? Here’ one jumping out of a clearly haunted box that seemingly mass-produces cats.
7. Snowball to face even after trying to block it with his arm. Dude was all like “Ha! I’m gonna block that snowball with my arggghhhh.” Too funny.
8. Here’ an amusing aversion to the classic “water balloon to the face” in which the balloon doesn’t break. Notice how it engulfs his face, notice the waggle of his nose as the latex peels away.